I am planning to self isolate due to my blood tests all being funky the past few months- still unknown + after following this advice on the ME association website…
“The key points are:
1. From now on anyone with coronavirus symptoms (i.e. dry cough and fever) should self-isolate, along with every member of their household, for 14 days.
2. Everyone now needs to be taking strict social distancing measures, which involve avoiding:unnecessary social contact with other people.
AVOIDING: unnecessary travel, meetings and public gatherings, going to bars, restaurants, cinemas, theatres etc.
3. The Government are advising that those who are at increased risk of severe illness from coronavirus (Covid-19) infection are particularly stringent in following social distancing measures.
In addition to the elderly and people who have pre-existing medical conditions (CS note: ME/CFS included), pregnancy has been added to the list – although information on the effect of this virus on both pregnant women and the unborn child remains uncertain.”
I’ve written a big fat list of ideas for if you find yourself stuck not knowing what to do. Here’s where normally abled bodied people may begin to empathise with the chronically ill and elderly. We are pretty good at spending all day in our beds + yes our mental health does suffer!
I am now into day four of self isolation. I am isolating myself as much as possible. Brighton have some incredible systems set in place including whatsapp groups of neighbours on each street with first aid, safe guarding training, people who are just genuinely lovely and want to help others.
For when you start to go a little stir crazy…
Plan art projects
Play Sims 4
- Download it on PC with origin.
View online first aid videos and take notes
Learn a new skill
Take an online course
- There are lots of free ones + cheap ones
Organise work/ uni folders
- Colour code them
- Organise in sections
- Create title pages
Go on kids BBC bitesize and fresh your science knowledge.
Teach yourself a 1 player game
Cook something new
Watch a YouTube tutorial
- Art Skill
- Computer game
Learn to do cats cradle by yourself
Plan your weeks
- Give yourself a schedule or routine
Yoga at home
Excercise workouts/ videos at home
- Lucy Wyndham- Read has some good free Hiit workouts.- YOUTUBE
Go in the garden (if it’s not raining)
- Do some gardening
- Mow the lawn
- Clean the patio
- Jet wash anything and everything
Make a pretty mask to protect against catching germs
- Make sure its secure enough to work
Make a budgeting list
- Money might be uncertain but theres lots of free things in the world you just need to work out you expenditures
- Excel spreadsheet your spendings
- Group FaceTime works for up to 30 people
If you have a business, sort out admin including money, records, up to date learning
Learn some basics of a new language
Sharpen your knives
Educate yourself on issues by reading charity websites/ blogs
- awareness is important
Look up happy news!
Teach yourself a card trick
Sew holes up and buttons on clothes.
Create a Bullet journal
- You could spend days doing this! Pinterest has some cool aesthetically pleasing tips.
Create your own puzzle with paper/ card and pens
Read a book
Watch a film
- Add some to your watch list
Binge watch a series
Start a diary of emotions
Buy from local online shops!
Monitor your health symptoms
Call an elderly person and have a chat.
Virtual dinner date / coffee date.
Get up and go on a walk in the countryside
Catch up virtually with an old friend
- Have a virtual coffee date
Learn some BSL or Makaton.
Beauty Self Care 💜
Wax or Shave
Do funny makeup looks
Practice a new hair / makeup look
Give yourself a Facial
Tidy up your brows.
Learn a new beauty skill
Paint your nails
- Nail art?
Give yourself an at home spa pedicure
- Coconut oil masks wrap cling film on top.
Create your own natural beauty products
- Face masks
Design a tattoo
- I’d never get a tattoo but I think its pretty fun to draw them!
Have a bubble bath
- EPSOM SALTS!
De-clutter + Organise 🛠
Tidy all kitchen cupboards
Donate any unwanted dry food to food banks
- Arrange collection if you aren’t going out.
- Don’t forget the skirting boards
Deep clean bathrooms
- Under or around the bath
Clean your oven
Clear out your wardrobe
- Arrange Donation Piles
- Keep Piles
- Give to friends/ Family
Re organise furniture in a room
- I do this all the time + alway do my back in so be careful please!
Having weekly activity aims
- Mental Excercise
Teach yourself an accent or 3!
Brain training or Mental maths
Improve a skill you already have
Learn some origami
Print old photos and create a scrapbook
Edit your Spotify playlists
- Have one for each mood, genre, era
Put things online to sell
- Facebook Marketplace
Delete old emails
- Filter them in folders if needed
Delete old photos
- Delete duplicates
- Put into albums of events
- Add peoples faces (comes in handy for birthdays)
Add peoples birthdays to your calendar!
Back up your whole life on to a hard drive
De clutter that random drawer of stuff (I have 3)
Chuck out the rubbish under your bed.
Make wish lists online – order them by clothes, beauty, diy, Home, educational etc.
Create Pinterest Boards
Fix that computer/ printer/ techy thing you’ve been ignoring for months
If you’re stills stuck for ideas or want to know what you could do to keep kids busy, let me know! I have tonnes in my crazy brain!
STAY SAFE, KEEP HAPPY + enjoy some downtime